USER EDUCATION PROGRAMS
We are proud to serve UMT communities free services in term of educating library users whether academician, student, staff, or member of the public, on how to use the library and its services. The main purpose of this program is to build user's skills in accessing a variety of library resources available in the library and to guide users on how to use the resources and services provided by the library.
- To expose the library user on what type of library services, facilities and resources available in the Library.
- To guide the library user on how they can use the library services, facilities and resources available in the Library.
- To train the library user to utilize the library resources effectively with correct methods and strategies.
- To provide the library user with the skills for independent information seeking for their learning, teaching and research process.
- To encourage the library user to seek the assistance from our library experts.
- To avoid plagiarism whereby building skills in making citations for every reference made.
- To build a culture of life-long learning.
- To assist the instructional, research and development programs of the University.
LIBRARY LITERACY PROGRAM
This program is served to all new intake students of UMT. Our mission is to ensure that all new students are fully aware of our library services and resources as this module will assist and guide them to use the services and resources. New students can get benefit from attending this class as it will assist them in finding resources in the library for their assignments or studies.
ONLINE DATABASE TRAINING
Every year we schedule online database training session for all academicians, researchers and students. This is to guide them on using online databases subscribed by the library. This training is very helpful for them in finding information from certain databases.
USER EDUCATION SESSION
This session is upon request from the user to our library experts. User can request to attend this session by registering at the Library Counter. We only proceed the session if the participants are more than five users. The library provides ongoing user education programs and offered to all UMT communities. For enquiries and applications, please contact:-
Sharifah Akmal Syed Abd Rahman
Tel :- 09-6684298
Email :- firstname.lastname@example.org